Thursday, March 4, 2010

Speaking at the United Nations!

Sometime in November I got a call from my friend, Pam Stenzel. She'd been invited to speak at the United Nations Status of Women Conference in New York City in March 2010. She was asked to speak on the impact of the free sex, free love culture on women. Now, Pam is big...I mean she speaks to over half a million people a year all over the world. But for some reason she has blessed me with her endorsements of the message God has given me to share about the healing we can have from our sexual pasts.

She's calling to invite me to speak with her at the conference. You can imagine how excited, scared and honored I was! Well here it is...the time has come. I leave March 6th to spend the week in New York City where I'll be speaking with a team of women called Women for Life International from all over the world. We'll have the opportunity to speak to delegates from countries all over the world, as well as the possibility of meeting with some of the most influential policy makers with regards to women's issues in the world.

I have no idea what to expect...so I'm just going with an open mind, available to meet and speak to whomever God brings my way. It will be long days talking and meeting with people. I'm asking people to pray for us while we're there that God will make us bold, will give us divine appointments and put the words in our mouths.

I'll be blogging throughout the week so you can experience this with me. As well, if you'd like to receive on the spot, up to the minute prayer requests, email me at info@barbarawilson.org and request to become part of my prayer team. I'll be texting my prayer requests to someone who will be sending them out to you. Also, look for my posts on facebook and twitter.

Thank you...can't wait to tell you all about it!

1 comment:

  1. Barbara,
    I am so pumped up about this opportunity for you and am so eager to hear how God is going to "show off" and use this event to glorify Himself and shine Truth in dark places. I'm praising Him right now, in advance for what He's up to!!! Incredibly exciting. Godspeed! -April in Alabama

    ReplyDelete