Monday, June 27, 2011

Cambodia Day Two

Before I talk about Cambodia I need to wish my husband happy anniversary! Today is our 30th wedding anniversary! Eric, I thank God for you! You have blessed my life and given me more than I could ever have imagined. I love you so much.

We had an incredible first day. Everyone jumped into their assignments with great enthusiasm. As always the first day opens our eyes to the needs around us, and helps us readjust our American thinking of what will or will not work. We do the best we can to prepare, but then once we're here, we have to let go of all our expectations, and allow God to work. That means being flexible, patient and gracious regardless of what happens. Its such a great lesson for us to learn.

There are so many needs, and now we are trusting God to stretch our dollars to be able to provide for the needs that are being placed before us. None of it is a surprise to God and so like last year, we trust Him to provide for all He has planned for us to do on this trip.

The hardest part of the day was going to the brick factory. The people working and living there are the poorest of this society. Working at slave labor prices, they are seldom able to rise above this level of poverty. We are able to provide them with some basic needs as rice, mosquito nets, soap, wound care, tooth paste and tooth brushes, and some food for the children. But even more than basic care we give them love, hope, laughter and dignity.

Thanks for your prayers...
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment