Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Cambodia 2011


STOP THE SALE OF CHILDREN FOR SEX

Having my eyes opened to the global tragedy of sex-trafficking on my first trip to Cambodia in 2009, has changed me forever. Since then God has led me to serve in many ways to help rescue and restore the victims of sex-trafficking. Here I am speaking at the United Nations, Conference on the Status of Women in Feb 2011 on how to help women heal from the trauma of sex-trafficking. This past year I’ve also begun to help in a local ministry called Courage House that is providing a loving, healing home for victims of sex-trafficking in Sacramento.
But the children of Cambodia still have my heart.

This year I’m leading the team again from Bayside church as we go to serve Agape International Mission (aim4asia.org) in their on-going, successful mission to rescue girls from the streets of Svay Pak who are sold by their parents for sex. In addition to the home where the rescued girls find love and restoration, as well as educational and vocational training, AIM serves the community of Svay Pak by offering a free medical clinic, kid’s club, school, gym, computer classes and church. Because of AIM, God is changing the hearts of the people in this community and girls are being rescued and restored.

Your generous support will allow us to pour needed funds into all these ministries. Last year we were able to supply some of the poorest families at local brick factories with rice, shoes, and medicine. Rahab’s house in Svay Pak received funds for medicine, kid’s club, the gym and computer classes. We also put on a celebration 4th of July party for the girls at the restoration home. After all this, there was still enough to leave AIM with $6,200 for ongoing operational costs.

I’m asking you to support me with prayer and finances once again as God takes me to Cambodia to serve Him in the work of rescuing, caring for and restoring these victims of sex trafficking. In addition, we’ll provide love and care to those who’ve yet to be rescued in Svay Pak.

Thankyou for partnering with us in this vital mission work. If you’re receiving this as a hardcopy, you can mail in the enclosed card. Please do not put my name anywhere on the check. To do so will mean you won’t get the tax deduction.

You can also give online with Bayside’s Global new online giving at http://bit.ly/ha1PYW. You’ll find my name under the Cambodia heading for trips. If you’re receiving this as an email, print off the attached card and mail in, or use the online link. This is time-sensitive, as I'm still in need of $600 in the next two weeks in order to meet my financial needs.

Thank you and may God Bless you for blessing us…

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment